Monday, December 28, 2009

29th Bday blast

Memorable Birthday
Its been a while since i blogged and i just got the right topic to blog. It is my bday today (27/12) and it was filled with surprises. All of a sudden am left wondering if the word 'surprise' describes the intense emotional state that i was in today.

Thanks to my fiance and friends they just made my day. I had an wonderful bday celebration to remember by and it was the most fulfilling day in my whole life.

Me and my fiance had planned the day well in advance when my father called up in the last moment asking me to travel to kancheepuram temple in the morning around 6'o clock, which is 1.5 hrs from chennai. We had to revise our plans accordingly. Am an evening person and waking up early kind of ruins my day. So had to cut down on treat with friends and stick to the plans that me and my fiance earlier had.

Lack of sleep left me tired and thought of sleeping in the car on the way return. To my surprise i got calls every now and then from friends wishing me for my bday. I was kind of surprised how most of my friends remembered my bday. It has been an usual thing for ppl to forget my bday and i was used to it. With all the wishes and request for treat i was already confused as to how i could fit in treats today. Thought i will check with my fiance about her plans before confirming other treat. To my surprise she had replied that guests had arrived in the morning and she wont be able to go out until 2:00 pm. As i was tired and since she wasnt ready  i just wanted to doze for a while.

Anand had just asked for a treat at fisherman's cove the previous day thought i will atleast go out for lunch with him to start my celebration. Called him up and asked him to buzz once he gets ready thought i would doze off till then when another surprise was awaiting when my mother called up my to-be inlaws and invited them for dinner. Since the whole plan that i had had collapsed i was hoping atleast i could go out with Anand for good lunch. He had initially said her sister & his mom would join for the lunch. Then he too changed the plan said they had left to pondicherry to attend another family function.

With no time to sleep and all my plans ruined i made up my mind for lunch with Anand and dinner at home and end my day thinking i could sleep after the lunch.

Atlast i got a call he said he was ready so i got ready and went to his house. His sister & cousin sister also joined the treat. I was their target for ragging through-out the drive. It was fun but i was too hungry to concentrate on their bullying hunger was my top priority. I was rushing through the traffic since others in the car were feeling hungry inspite of their ragging. There was an commotion when Anand's sis got an sms after which all of them started talking about changing the destination, stopping by nursery, stopping for a leak. I was perplexed as to why there is sudden introduction of delay for lunch.

After all the hungama we were all back in the car ready to hit the hotel. We went to hotel and it was crowded and it took time for the valet to attend my car. Had to wait for another 10 mins and we went in having been to this place i was fixed to this restaurant named 'Upper deck' on the way to 'Upper deck' Anand stopped me by to show an sign board

It said 'Balaji's Birthday party at Machaan'. My mind was so clouded that even after reading the sign board  i couldnt recognize it was my name on the sign board (I didnt realise it was me, what a bummer). I said  Anand looks like someone with the same name is celebrating his bday party here lets go to 'Upper deck' and turned around when Anand pulled my hand and said 'No, lets go here' thats when i turned around to see the ppl inside and to my surprise/shock i saw one of my friend named Vinod. I fixed my eyes on him so much so that i couldnt realise the whole room was filled with ppl i knew. Vinod was supposed to be in someplace outside India and i kind of had a mixed feeling if this guy is really Vinod, when i was about to convince myself that he might not be he was smiling at me by this time i had entered the restaurant and i was totally taken aback.

Oh my god!!! There were my college friends, school friends & colleagues and to top it all my fiance. What else can one ask for during one's bday (best friends + party + surprise = deadly combination). It was absolute bliss. Phew, i was trying to take a deep breath let the moments sink in. Did someone shout SURPRISE it would have helped a little. I guess no one did or have i gone deaf. I was looking at the guests i was looking at her eyes 'Did you do this? Did you arrange all this?' I wanted to hug her and whisper 'Thank you sweet heart' but not sure how others would react i just held her hands in acknowledgement.

It did take a while for me to digest the surprise element something i had been secretly longing for all these years. Realized i went numb for a while by seeing all my friends at once gathered around just to celebrate my bday party i quickly retracted and started saying 'hello' to all my friends proceeded by a brief introduction of my fiance with each one of my friends.

We had a good lunch and since it was totally unplanned we really were left out of ideas after the introduction. There were few conversations going on but it was all set apart. Spl thanks Anand & co, Shri & co for being the binding factor between groups. Anand's sister came up with this idea of cricket/volley ball and Akshay wanted to fly kite so we collected Cricket kit from the hotel authorities and started having fun again in groups. Few ppl flew kites, few ppl played cricket, few ppl were fiddling with frisbees when her highness came up with this idea of ladies joining the cricket game that did spark something and all of a sudden all of us were in to this game.

It was a short game with 6 overs with lots of fun. Thanks to the scorers none of the score that was reported today was true. It went on for around an hr or so and in the end there was a big fight to choose the winning team. It was a good show we went back to the restaurant to refresh ourselves. Coffee & cookies were served we all had a lite snack and bid good bye.

I think this is one day i would cherish for my life time. When the whole world was about to collapse, like a phoenix it bloomed in to fun-filled, fulfilling day of my life.

Thanks a lot sweet heart it was an incredible bday. I had a blast of joy. Hope we remain the same ;) (touch wood or gold :D)

Thanks to all my friends who coordinated with my fiance to make this an rememberable moment. Hope you guys had fun too :-)

Chk back to view snap shots of the party later.

4 comments:

Ramya said...

I'm happy that you had a good time... :) Love you...

Unknown said...

balaji, these fiancees are all full of surprises...wait for it boy(sorry man, happy new year

Nandhini said...

Hey Balaji,We had a ball of our time... Since you would`nt believe that we came only for your birthday party, i once again repeat, we came only for your birthday party.Akshay enjoyed so much. We stayed there even before the day of the party it was even more exciting. Thanks to you...

Kanna said...

WOW!!! Good one Ramya! The fact that Balaji remembers ever today (2015)....You left a Big impact babzz!!
Balaji - time for you to buck up with some Sooper Dooper Planning for her ;)